By Michael Martinez
Article Launched: 12/16/2007 01:53:13 AM PST
South Bay hotels that welcome petsThe pampered guestWith so many hotels accepting pets, it's no surprise that travelers are including the family dog - and sometimes cat - on their vacations. Here's a sampling of what some California hotels and B&Bs are offering to entice pet owners (always ask about size restrictions and fees):
• Have a cat? At W Hotels, guests receive cat toys and treats at check-in and can request food, litter boxes, a birthday cake and a "Meow-ow Box" first-aid kit. www.starwoodhotels.com.
• The Cypress Inn in pet-friendly Carmel has doggie blankets, evening turndown service and pet sitting. Dogs can run off-leash on nearby Carmel Beach. www.cypress-inn.com.
• The Viceroy Palm Springs offers a personalized dog dish, freshly baked dog biscuits and, in the summer, four cooling pools for dogs to escape the heat. www.viceroypalmsprings.com.
• The Casa Laguna Inn and Spa in Laguna Beach has a certified canine massage therapist available for relaxation, pain or anxiety-relief massages, at $75 a session. www.casalaguna.com.
• Don't have a pet but wish you did? The Hotel Monaco in San Francisco will lend guests a goldfish during their stay. Dogs get use of a bowl, bottled water, chew toys and Lassie videos to stay entertained. www.monaco-sf.com.
- Michael Martinez, Mercury News
This article is another indication that pets are becoming a greater part of our lives and are influencing our decisions more and more. Even more so, leading edge companies are aware of this and marketing products and services to entice pet owners.
Stop by Lucy's Dog House today for dog collars, dog toys and dog beds