Friday, February 20, 2009

Cutting Lucy's Toe Nails

Well, you would think that since I am work in the pet industry, i should be a pro at cutting my own dog's nails. It is not really all that hard, just got to get the nail in the clippers and cut with a deliberate motion. If you don't, it is kind of like taking off a band aid too slowly, you know what I mean.

Well, I messed it up. I went too far back on one of Lucy's nail and she bled all over the place. Luckily I had some styptic powder which was able to help stop the bleeding. She was such a trooper during the whole thing as I was trying to get the bleeding to stop.

That said, she did not let me cut the nails on her front feet.

1 comment:

Murphy Dogg said...

My Mama did this to me just the other week!
But she made up to me with lots of extra snuggles and cookies, so I guess we're cool now.
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg